Friday, May 22, 2009

Not My Problem

I don't want to go so far "Helios" in The Thin Line Between Victim and Idiot, but there sure are lots of Windows users who do know about Linux but who continue to deal with Windows problems and refuse to use Linux. They have their reasons.

And when I refuse to give them free help with their virus-infected, fragmented machines, I have my reasons.

Think about it. Why do anti-virus companies like McAfee and Symantec exist? To protect users? Or is it to make money?

It's in their best interests if you keep using Windows and keep needing protection from malware.

Why do computer repair shops exist? To make money, right? Who are they making money off of?

Not Linux users. You can be sure of that.

You pay for your Windows computer, then you pay to keep it protected. And when things go wrong, you pay someone to fix it. And most people accept that as they way things are.

Cool. It's your money, it's your time, and it's your problem.

No comments: