Wednesday, March 16, 2011

new chrome/chromium logos - ugh!

No, I don't like the new logos for Google Chrome and Chromium better than the old ones. Check out the article "New Chrome Logo."

The idea is that the new logos look better "as desktop icons." I don't use desktop icons, but I do use panel icons; and, fortunately, I can choose my own icons for my Linux panels.

For example, I'm using GNOME in Debian Squeeze. Right-clicking on my panel's Chromium icon and clicking on Properties brings up this window:



Clicking on the Chromium icon image there opens Nautilus up, showing the path to the .png image that's being used for the icon: /usr/share/icons/hicolor/48x48/apps/chromium-browser.png.



Just to make sure that I'll still have the old icon available to use, I copied chromium-browser.png to another directory...

No comments: