Sunday, October 7, 2012

revised multi-boot set-up

I think I'm just about finished re-doing the multi-boot set-up on my desktop pc.

I've got Debian Wheezy (GNOME), openSUSE 12.1 (KDE and Openbox), and two data partitions on the first drive. On the second drive, it's Ubuntu 12.04 (Unity and GNOME Shell) and Fedora 17 (KDE).

I may add Sabayon to the second drive, but I haven't decided yet.

I also have two notebooks; on one lives Wheezy (GNOME), Ubuntu (Unity and GNOME Shell), openSUSE (KDE), and Sabayon (KDE). On the other, only Wheezy (Xfce).

Dropped from the desktop pc's set-up: Mepis, SalineOS, and PCLinuxOS. I also ended up dropping Fedora 16, but it'll be at the end of its support cycle in a few months. Debian Squeeze was also cut; I'm hoping that going with Wheezy (still the current "Debian Testing") won't turn out to be too problematic.

I ended up doing fresh installations of Ubuntu 12.04 and Fedora 17.

I think this is a good set-up for me, going forward.

No comments: