Tuesday, October 6, 2015

easy on the eyes

antiX-15 is nice, but finally I decided to replace it with Debian Jessie's LXDE spin. I used debian-8.2.0-i386-lxde-CD-1.iso for the installation.

Here's a shot of the default desktop in Jessie LXDE:



I set up LXDE like this:



I like LXDE, but after awhile, I logged out, logged into the Openbox session, and set that up. Once again, I went with the tint2 panel, and I chose Nitrogen for handling wallpapers. This was a quick and easy process because I had config files for Openbox and Nitrogen saved from earlier installations; I just copied them over, tweaked 'em a bit, added a few other things (like obmenu, volumeicon-alsa, a script for random wallpapers, etc.), and everything was good to go. A couple of shots:




Simple, speedy, and set up nicely for getting work done. Kinda pleasant to look at, too.

No comments: