Tuesday, October 4, 2016

angie

Still one of my all-time favorite albums:  

Angie, by Angela Bofill, released in 1978. I believe this LP was originally released by GRP Records and (perhaps) re-released by Arista Records, as I recall.

In 2001, I copied this album to CD from vinyl. I still enjoy listening to that CD today.

The complete collection, digitally remastered, can be found at YouTube.



Tracks

Side A:

1. Under the Moon and Over the Sky
2. This Time I'll Be Sweeter
3. Baby, I Need Your Love
4. Rough Times

Side B:

1. The Only Thing I Would Wish For
2. Summer Days
3. Share Your Love
5. Children of the World United


Personnel (as copied from Wikipedia -- I hope this is correct!)

- Angela Bofill: lead and backing vocals
- Dave Grusin: electric piano, piano, percussion
- Eric Gale: electric guitar
- Buddy Williams, Steve Gadd: drums
- Dave Valentin: flute, bass guitar
- Richie Resnicoff: acoustic guitar
- George Young: alto saxophone
- Ralph MacDonald, Roger Squitero: percussion
- Eddie Daniels, George Young, Howard Johnson, Jim Pugh, Irvin Markowitz, Marvin Stamm, Michael Brecker, Philip Bodner, Walt Levinsky: horns
- Barry Finclair, Charles Libove, Charles McCracken, Diana Halprin, Emanuel Vardi, Harry Cykman, John Pintavalle, Jonathon Abramowitz, K. La Mar Alsop, Matthew Raimondi, Max Ellen, Paul Gershman, Richard Sortomme: strings
- Arthur Woodley, Cheryl Freeman, Clara Antoine, Members of the Dance Theater of Harlem Choral Ensemble, Irma LaGuerre, Lorraine Baucum, Raj McIntyre, Stacy Gaines, Sylvia Bhourne, Wilbur Archie: choir
- David Nadien: concertmaster
- Gwen Guthrie, Patti Austin, Vivian Cherry: backing vocals

No comments: