Sunday, March 26, 2017

getting tired of waiting for this to get fixed

I like KDE Plasma 5 except for one big thing: You can't have different wallpapers (and different widgets) on different virtual desktops. See: https://bugs.kde.org/show_bug.cgi?id=343246

I have Plasma 5 in openSUSE 42.2, but I'm still using plasma-desktop 4.11.x in Debian Jessie. I'm in no hurry to give up Plasma 4, mainly because of the above issue.

It seems clear that the KDE devs don't think this is important. But I can have different wallpapers for different workspaces in Xfce, and in LXDE. Why can't something similar be done for KDE Plasma 5?

I use several different desktop environments and window managers, but I've run KDE since I started out with Linux. Perhaps it's about time to move on. Like many others have expressed, I never wanted KDE's "Activities" and don't want or need that "feature" now. It's still a pretty good desktop environment, overall, but not being able to have different wallpapers on different desktops takes a lot of the fun out of it for me.

Just fix this one thing. Please.

No comments: