Monday, April 9, 2018

road trip

Last weekend, I took a drive up around North-Central New Mexico. Very relaxing little road trip. From Albuquerque, I drove up I-25 to Las Vegas, then up NM 518, through the mountains -- a very beautiful section of the Carson National Forest. Then up to Taos, where I stayed at the quaint El Pueblo Lodge (website: https://elpueblolodge.com/).

The next morning, I took US 64 over to Eagle Nest Lake, then to Cimarron Canyon State Park. That's a gem of a park. Then back to NM 38, around the Enchanted Circle Drive up through Red River to Questa. Then back around on NM 38, down to US 64, and back to Taos. Another (mostly) quiet night at the El Pueblo, then back down NM 518 to Las Vegas, with several lingering stops along the way. Finally, I took I-25 back home.




I'm hoping to get back up that way later this year; driving up to this area is my favorite thing to do when I want to get away for some R&R, and it's one of the things I love most about living here in New Mexico.




1 comment:

Unknown said...

Great trip, Space...I'd like to do something like that with the wife of I could get her and the timing on the same schedule. Glad you had fun man...