Wednesday, August 5, 2009

cheating

I don't know how many current and former Major League Baseball players have used steroids, but it's certain that there have been a lot of them. Some folks say, "Well, it wasn't against the rules," I think until 2005, so how can we call these guys "cheaters?"

The guys who were doing steroids were trying to hide it. They didn't want anyone to know. That tells me that they knew that what they were doing was wrong.

It doesn't matter if it was "illegal" or not. I once heard someone say, "If you have to hide it, it's probably wrong."

They knew they were cheating, living a lie, pretending to be getting by on their talent and skills while trying to get an edge by using something that they didn't want everyone to know they were using. I don't think we should sugar-coat it or make excuses for them.

No comments: