Wednesday, March 9, 2011

cold heat

Last night, the Miami Heat dropped their 5th in a row, losing to Portland, 105-96, despite 38 points, 6 rebounds, and 5 assists from Dwyane Wade, and 31 points, 11 rebounds, and 8 assists from LeBron James.

Chris Bosh, the third man of Miami's "Big Three," managed only 7 points and 4 rebounds in 40 minutes of play.

What's kind of shocking is that the Heat now have as many losses as the Cleveland Cavaliers (LeBron's team last year) had all of last season! The Cavs went 61-21; Miami is now 43-21.

What a disappointment. Heat fans can only hope that this team can turn things around a make a run in the playoffs.

Even more disappointing for me is that, although I'm not a Heat fan, Wade is one of my favorite players; and another player who I like -- Mike Bibby, who was one of the best high school guards I've ever seen when he played at Phoenix's Shadow Mountain H.S. -- has joined the team. I'd like to see both of those guys do well, but it doesn't look like they're gonna make a difference for the Heat this year.

No comments: