Sunday, June 23, 2013

mozilla!

Decided to take a good look at Firefox (and Iceweasel), after all this time using primarily Chromium and Chrome.

A few things are a bit hard to get used to, but I'm having fun with it. I already had Iceweawel 17.0.6 in Debian Wheezy, so I got that all set up, then installed Firefox 21.0 in Bridge Linux, from the Arch repos.

Having the address/location bar along with the search bar seemed kinda pointless after being used to Chromium's Omnibar, so I finally installed the Omnibar extension in Firefox. Much better.

It may take me a little time to become comfortable with Firefox again, but that's okay. I'm not sure that I'll switch permanenty from Chromium/Chrome to Firefox, but I do intend to use Firefox a lot more than I have been over the past few years. Not bad, so far.

A screenshot from Bridge Linux, below. As you can see, I'm using DuckDuckGo as my home page, and as the default search engine.


No comments: