Friday, January 14, 2011

screen edges

I like to take advantage of KDE4's screen edges settings.  In PCLinuxOS, I access the configuration tools from the main menu:

System Settings > Workspace Appearance and Behavior > Window Behavior > Screen Edges

Or:

Configure Your Desktop > Workspace Appearance and Behavior > Window Behavior > Screen Edges

In the Screen Edges module, in the Active Screen Edges section, I set the behavior of the screen when the cursor hits the corners of the screen.



Upper left and Lower left (as shown above):  Present Windows - All Desktops

With this setting, moving the cursor to either of the corners on the left side gives me a spiral tile view of each of the apps I have open:



Upper right:  Show Dashboard



This brings up my widget dashboard:



Lower right:  Show Desktop



That one, of course, toggles between minimizing/maximizing all windows.

I left the Window Management section at the defaults.  In the Other Settings section, I use the "Only When Moving Windows" setting for "Switch desktop on edge."  That's nice for dragging windows to other destkops.

No comments: