Saturday, March 26, 2011

fedora and pclos

Okay, slow package management aside, and even though I don't care much for the PCLinuxOS forums, I'm more and more impressed by both Fedora and PCLOS as time passes. Seems that there's the possibility of breakage, perhaps more so than in some other distros, but I haven't had that problem come up (yet). Both distros just continue to impress me.

PCLOS recently updated to KDE 4.6.1 with no real issues other than that I had to set up the desktop all over again. I really liked how, when Firefox 4 came out, I was able to easily update Firefox via Synaptic within a day or two of FF4's release.

Fedora seems to have the best implementation of KDE4 among the distros I've tried (I'm using the KDE version of Fedora 14). Also, while Fedora might not be as nice "out-of-the-box" as PCLOS, it seems to be one of the most "solid" distros that I've got installed here.

Kudos to both.

No comments: