Sunday, February 17, 2019

openbox: dmenu, gmrun

I haven't decided which application launcher I like better between gmrun and dmenu. Here's a shot of my Openbox menu in Arch, with obmenu opened to show how I set up gmrun and dmenu menu entries:


But I also have keystrokes for gmrun (Alt+F2) and dmenu (Super+Space). From the "keyboard" section of ~/.config/openbox/rc.xml:

    <!-- Added by Steve -->
    <!-- Winkey+Space starts dmenu -->
    <keybind key="W-space">
      <action name="Execute">
        <command>dmenu_run -b</command>
      </action>
    </keybind> 
    <!-- Added by Steve -->
    <!-- Alt+F2 starts gmrun -->
    <keybind key="A-F2">
      <action name="execute">
         <execute>gmrun</execute>
      </action>
    </keybind>


The menu entries are handy to have, but I normally use the keystrokes.
 

No comments: