Sunday, October 18, 2020

asunder

Testing out the Asunder CD ripper and encoder. Project homepage: http://littlesvr.ca/asunder/

I installed Asunder in Debian Buster GNOME:

$ sudo apt install asunder

Optional dependencies include the lame and vorbis-tools packages, the latter of which was already installed here. I decided not to add lame.

I inserted a CD and started up Asunder. Asunder showed the found CDDB info.


For now, I left everything at the defaults. Asunder was set to encode to OGG Vorbis, which was exactly what I wanted.



I ripped the files and then opened them in the Audacious music player. Track information was picked up as expected, and the songs played perfectly.


I was planning to look at some other options for ripping CDs in GNOME. I took a quick look at ripperX, but then I tried Asunder and it seemed to give me what I wanted out-of-the-box. Good software, does what it's supposed to do. Sold.

 

No comments: