Saturday, June 5, 2021

parallel


See man pacman.conf, under the OPTIONS section:

       ParallelDownloads
           Specifies number of concurrent download streams. The value needs to be a positive
           integer. If this config option is not set then only one download stream is used (i.e.
           downloads happen sequentially).

The article linked above describes how to easily enable parallel downloading in Arch Linux. This is kinda cool; I'm trying it in one of my Arch installations. Not sure if it speeds things up or not, or if it's really helpful to me in any way. I think I like it anyway. Found an interesting discussion on the topic at the Arch forums: https://bbs.archlinux.org/viewtopic.php?id=266854

The options I'm currently using in the /etc/pacman.conf file are summarized below:
[options]
HoldPkg     = pacman glibc
Architecture = auto

# Misc options
Color
CheckSpace
VerbosePkgLists
ILoveCandy
ParallelDownloads = 5

# By default, pacman accepts packages signed by keys that its local keyring
# trusts (see pacman-key and its man page), as well as unsigned packages.
SigLevel    = Required DatabaseOptional
LocalFileSigLevel = Optional

No comments: