Sunday, September 2, 2012

crushed

Yesterday, Alabama vs. Michigan at Cowboys Stadium in Arlington: What a beat-down!

After crushing the Wolverines 41-14, don't be surprised if the Crimson Tide ascends to the #1 ranking in all polls.

Just by watching how 'Bama controlled the line of scrimmage during the first three series, whether on offense or defense, I figured this one would be no contest. As someone who grew up in Ann Arbor, by the time the Tide led 14-0 in the 1st quarter, I was already hoping for a miracle. And when the score reached 31-0 with 4:39 left in the 2nd quarter, there was no question that this one was over.

So, what next for the Maize-n-Blue? It's still a long season, and the Wolverines simply have to put this pounding behind them and regroup.

I love their head coach, Brady Hoke. Bo Schembechler will probably go down as UofM's all-time greatest football coach, but Hoke seems like such a cool dude, and a perfect fit for Michigan. I hope the guy stays there until he retires from coaching.



But even though I grew up in Ann Arbor, and will always be a big UofM fan, I'm an even bigger Michigan State fan! The Spartans visit AA on October 20th, looking to make it five victories in a row, which I believe would be unprecedented in that rivalry. Go State!



No comments: