Wednesday, November 6, 2019

warming up to lxqt

I finally got LXQt configured into a setup I really like. I put a shortened, vertical panel at the upper left of the desktop, and I have a little horizontal panel, set to auto-hide, at the upper right.



There's an icon for the LXQt menu at the bottom of the vertical panel, while the Openbox menu is accessible by right-clicking anywhere on the desktop.




The Configuration Center is simple but nice enough. It was kinda annoying that LXDE (from which sprang LXQt) didn't have something like it.



I put a "Leave" button on the horizontal panel; this shot shows the dialog box that button brings up:



Not a perfect desktop environment (is there such a thing?), but LXQt is light, simple, and a pleasure to use. Development on the project has come along slowly; it'll be interesting to see how the LXQt desktop looks in, say, five years.



No comments: