Tuesday, April 7, 2020

kubuntu focal beta

Kubuntu Focal Fossa (20.04 LTS) Beta Released

I took the beta for a spin in a live session.



Oh yay, an emoji picker.

The Kubuntu 20.04 beta looks pretty good. I'm very tempted to proceed with an installation, replacing Kubuntu 19.10, especially since I've got some time on my hands right now. But I'm very pleased with Kubuntu 19.10, which I'm using on my "home base" computer. Support for that release doesn't end until July, so there's no rush.

I prefer to go with the LTS releases (of Ubuntu and "Ubuntu Flavours" like Kubuntu), but the in-between releases have worked out great for me, too. I wish they had a longer support period, like they did in the past; now the EOL comes around after only about 9 months.

Anyway, I'll stick with Kubuntu 19.10 for now.

No comments: